The Ron Ross Award and Oration, and the inaugural Rob Sutherland Award, will be highlights of the 7th PacRim Meeting. These prestigious awards recognize the outstanding contributions of two foundation members of PacRim to breast and prostate cancer research. Nominations are invited for the Ron Ross Award, which recognizes significant contributions to breast and/or prostate cancer research and mentoring of young researchers. The Rob Sutherland Award will be made to an outstanding early / mid-career researcher presenting at the meeting.
Ron Ross Award
This prestigious award recognizes the achievements of a world-class recipient in breast and/or prostate cancer, decided by an independent international committee.
- The Ron Ross Award honors Ronald K. Ross’ significant contributions to hormonal carcinogenesis, especially in breast and prostate cancer
- The Award recognizes Ron Ross’ sustained commitment to training and mentoring younger scientists;
- The Award winner will have made substantive contributions to breast and/or prostate cancer biology and/or translational research;
- The Award will be made at the PacRim meeting;
- The Award will carry a substantial monetary reward;
- The recipient must agree to present the Ron Ross Oration at the respective PacRim meeting
Nominations for the Ron Ross Award should be sent to Juergen Reichardt, firstname.lastname@example.org, and include
- A maximum two page summary supporting the nomination and addressing the selection criteria
- A current CV of the nominee
- A confirmation that the nominee is willing to be nominated and is aware of the requirement to present an oration at the PacRim meeting if the nomination is successful.
Rob Sutherland Award
The inaugural Rob Sutherland Award will be made to an outstanding early /mid-career researcher presenting at the PacRim meeting in 2019. Presenters will be selected from submitted abstracts.
- This award honors Rob Sutherland’s contributions to the PacRim Meeting series and recognizes his significant contributions to research into hormone-dependent cancers – including breast, prostate and ovary – and his commitment to training and mentoring younger scientists;
- The selected nominees will be less than 15 years post the award of their most recent relevant degree (eg PhD, MD) and have made a substantive contribution to breast and/or prostate cancer biology and/or translational research;
- The Award, which will carry a monetary reward, will be made at the PacRim meeting;
- The selected finalists must agree to present at the PacRim meeting if their nomination is successful;
Nominees must submit, at the time of Registration, a current CV and an Abstract to be considered for a presentation at the PacRim meeting, and also confirm their wish to be considered for this Award at the time of Abstract submission. Rob Sutherland Award finalists will be selected based on their current CV and their submitted abstract as relevant to the themes for this PacRim meeting.
If you are interested in nominating for the Rob Sutherland Award please contact Dr Elizabeth Kuczek, E: email@example.com